Wednesday, September 11, 2013

NEW KiDiGi BATTERY CHARGER CRADLE AC USB DOCK FOR SAMSUNG NEXUS-S 4G D720 i9020

NEW KiDiGi BATTERY CHARGER CRADLE AC USB DOCK FOR SAMSUNG NEXUS-S 4G D720 i9020I bought this desktop dock to use with my Nexus S 4G at home as an alarm clock. I had previously bought a second OEM battery, but don't typically have time to charge both up using one charge, so the extra battery charger on the dock looked useful. In addition, I liked the look of the vertical dock better than the official Samsung one, which is horizontal.

The dock itself it made out of shiny plastic, similar to the phone. The phone sets in nicely and connects to the micro USB connector without any real stress. The front face of the phone ends up being pretty much flush with the front of the dock, which looks really slick. I really like the looks of it, though the always-on light on the front seems a bit useless (it is just always on when the unit has power).

I have one minor quibble: the spare battery charger occasionally seems finicky. Most of the time I put the battery in and the battery light turns red, meaning the battery is being charged, but sometimes it switches between red and green if you so much as touch the thing. What I find usually helps is removing the battery and reinserting, making sure it's perfectly straight.

The charger comes with a dedicated data only cable (for connecting the dock to a computer, which I guess passes the data connection off to the phone), a charging-only cable (no data transfer), and a USB wall plug (for plugging the charge cable into). The dock itself has two ports on the back: one charge-only micro USB port (for the wall connection) and then another micro USB port. Interestingly, you can actually plug the included wall charger into the dock, PLUS another regular micro USB phone charger. If you do, then the phone charger's juice is directed to the phone, and the wall charger's to the battery. You can also charge the phone using a dock and a charge cable when plugged into a computer, though that'll be slower (since computers don't output as much power).

It's a pretty good-looking and versatile little dock, and I do recommend it for the price.

From the initial look, this seems to be worth buying.

However, after receiving it, all of its flaws become immediately clear.

1) If you want to use this, you cannot have a protective cover on your phone. Personally, I dont want to take my sleeve on and off constantly, so this immediately makes this useless for me.

2) The majority of the time, the cradle would not provide power to the phone, making it just an expensive stand.

So, in summary. It wont charge my phone and I have to remove my sleeve in order for it to hold the phone, making it useless.

Buy NEW KiDiGi BATTERY CHARGER CRADLE AC USB DOCK FOR SAMSUNG NEXUS-S 4G D720 i9020 Now

No comments:

Post a Comment