Thursday, July 11, 2013

SHARKK® Dual USB Port 10W 5V/2A High-Speed USB Car Charger Heavy Duty For iPhone, iPad, Cell Phone

SHARKK® Dual USB Port 10W 5V/2A High-Speed USB Car Charger Heavy Duty For iPhone, iPad, Cell Phones And Other ElectronicsThe car charger has a sturdy design that has a "gripped end." What I mean by that is, the part where you hold the charger to plug into the car outlet has a "non slip grip" that seem to be interchangeable because another white band is included in the box. Very different look from your "average looking" car charger. What I like about this product is that you can charge "two devices" at the same time and that the light indicator is located on the "side" of car charger not underneath where you would attach your USB cord. The light indicator is Not a "dot" that is illuminated, but it is actually "4 small illuminating squares" that form one big square of lights. "All" of the lights change from blue lights, indicating that no device is plugged in yet,to red lights, indicating that the unit is charging. For me, lights are a good "visual" reminder that lets me know that I need to unplug my devices after they have charged and with the lights being so apparent I can't miss it on this device. Overall, this is a great charger for charging "dual devices" instead of just one.



This is a dual port USB car charger that has a maximum output of 2.1 amps for both ports combined. The unit comes with a black band installed on it and an extra white band is in the box if you want to change the color of the charger. This charger is larger in diameter and longer than most chargers I own and have tested.

The front of the charger is labeled with a smart phone logo and a tablet logo so you can tell which port should be used for your devices. If you are charging a tablet by itself then the top tablet port will output 2.1 Amps. If you are simultaneously charging a tablet and a smart phone then the tablet port will output 1.6 Amps and the smart phone port will output 500 mA DC. The unit features sophisticated circuitry to protect from overheating, over current and over charging.

This unit comes with a lifetime warranty. The LED lights on top come on in a light blue color when you plug the charger into the car charging socket. When you plug in a device to be charged then the lights come on red. I was able to charge an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4 at the same time.

This car charger is quite long and it is about 4 inches in length. It protrudes from the car charging socket quite a bit and I would not use it in the back seat of a car in case people would bump into it with their legs when entering the car. This product works as specified and I rated it 4 stars. I deducted one star because of its large size and because it is only rated at 2.1 Amps total output capability.

I was supplied with a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

Buy SHARKK® Dual USB Port 10W 5V/2A High-Speed USB Car Charger Heavy Duty For iPhone, iPad, Cell Phone Now

USB car chargers don't seem much more than a necessity. However, there are fine differences that make the Sharkk USB Car Charger stand above others.

Perhaps the most important is the speed of charging. It averaged 1% per minute, so a device at 80% charge would be fully charged in 20 minutes. Impressive! Also, there are two USB ports, so convenience is a factor in this era of multiple electronic devices. Of course, a person can operate the device while it is charging without much loss of charging speed at least for an iPhone that I tested.

After removing the charger from it's easy-open box, I discovered a textured white plastic band with a square cutout also in the box. The charger itself is all white with a textured black band around most of the section visible when plugged into a vehicle's power port. I realized the white band was an alternative to the black band, which switched out easily.

At first, I wasn't sure the purpose of white vs. black. But when I tried out the Sharkk USB Car Charger in my own vehicle, it became obvious. My vehicle's interior is nearly all black. With the white band on the charger, it really stood out and would be a nice indicator to passers-by that electronic devices were inside. The black band blended the charger into the interior. Very thoughtful addition.

The dual USB ports were flexible, accommodating an Apple Lightning connector and the standard USB charging cord interchangeably. There is an icon with an arrow to the upper port indicating an iDevice. Another icon on the other side points to the lower port for such devices as BlackBerries or Android devices. However, I found no problem using either port for either devices.

A ½-inch square divided into four smaller squares sits within the black or white band's cutout. The squares are a light gray when the charger isn't connected to a power source. When plugged into the vehicle, the squares turn a soft, light blue. Add a USB cable and connect a device, the squares turn a light salmon color. Another thoughtful consideration to let a person know if the charger is indeed making contact with the vehicle and/or with the device.

So, there IS a difference in chargers and the Sharkk USB Car Charger with it's solid construction, great price and user-friendly amenities is an excellent choice.

Disclaimer: I was provided a sample of this product to independently test in normal operation situations and provide an impartial review. Arelunde

Read Best Reviews of SHARKK® Dual USB Port 10W 5V/2A High-Speed USB Car Charger Heavy Duty For iPhone, iPad, Cell Phone Here

I would very much recommend this product. Lightweight. Sleek design. Light to remind you it is plugged in. Dual usb to charge 2 devices at once. Very nice.

Want SHARKK® Dual USB Port 10W 5V/2A High-Speed USB Car Charger Heavy Duty For iPhone, iPad, Cell Phone Discount?

Charger works great & as expected!!! This is my 2nd one purchased & very satisfied & happy so far...would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a reliable charger for their iPhone 5...

Save 59% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment